Friday, August 12, 2011

Shopping at Sainsbury's


Is it just I? Perhaps it is. Perhaps it is my demeanour. Perhaps it is my reputation for being obstreperous. Perhaps it is because I come from Christchurch for whom there are truckloads of sympathy but no likability. Or maybe it is as superficial as my aftershave. Whatever it is, I feel like a pariah of the people. No matter how much I plead, urge, cajole, beg, I can get no one to join me in the Mark Sainsbury Fan Club. What is it with you people? Can you not see that this man is atop the pantheon of journalism? Can you not see, and be stimulated by, the incisive, penetrating manner of his questioning? Can you not digest and recognise the finesse with which he lulls his interviewees (victims?) into a false sense of security by their thinking they are being interviewed by a complete idiot? Believe me, as an actor I know it takes skill, craft and practice to play an idiot. Unless you are one of course. No, I can find no one who will join me in the Mark Sainsbury Fan Club and that disappoints me. Even Mr Sainsbury has declined to join the club in his honour. When I approached him, his rejoinder was, “What? What do you think I am? An idiot?”
Ummmmm….

----------------
Now playing: Bryan Adams - Do I Have To Say The Words
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...