Friday, September 6, 2013

The Whores on Seventh Avenue

I have a friend who said he once shared a limousine with these two. They barely spoke to each other and, to his mind, there was palatable dislike between the two. I have a relative in Christchurch  who for a time hosted them both. Briefly. In the end one went to Queenstown the other to North Island. They simply didn't want to be together. But when they were together they created great music such as this. For those who know the original recorded version well, note the extra verse; the lyrics are so perfect you have to wonder why that verse was left out.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxxwk_simon-and-garfunkel-the-boxer_music

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...