Friday, April 8, 2011

Whetu Calls: Te Bismarck

HE: ‘Morning Bro.
ME: I know why you are here, Whetu.
HE: What? Is you one of those clairevoyeur types?
ME: Nope. I just read the paper, and knew you would be around. Is that it?
HE: What?
ME: Is that it in your hand?
HE: Yus. A plastic waka.
ME: And you is—are--selling it?
HE: Yus.
ME: As a kitset?
HE: Yus.
ME: All boxed up and everything?
HE: Yus.
ME: Why does the box say The Bismarck?
HE: What?
ME: Why does the box say The Bismarck?
HE: Spelling mistake. It should say Te Bismarck.
ME: I see. And why does that picture show gun turrets and radio aerials?
HE: It’s a fortified waka.
ME: So, apart from being plastic, it is a true representation of an authentic Maori waka?
HE: A what?
ME: I don’t think so Whetu. But thanks anyway.
HE: Not interested Bro?
ME: No.
HE: What about a used Skyhawk then?
ME: No.

----------------
Now playing: The Moody Blues - Gypsy (Of A Strange And Distant Time)
via FoxyTunes
HE: Going cheap.

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...