Friday, March 25, 2011

Low Mark for Schoolboy


At the age of 10 I was, as we characterise it today, a high achiever. Then abruptly and brutally I was brought to my knees by a scandal. The lasting trauma of that was the humiliation of being stripped of my prefecture in front of the full school assembly. Remember, I was 10. May the headmaster who made that decision rot in Hell.
For that reason, among others, I am firmly of the camp that says Hastings Boys’ High head prefect Kenneth Bradley should not be stripped of his prefecture because of a drink driving conviction. He has paid his penalty in court and has now the added penalty of having the matter discussed debated and debased as a national issue.
Leave him alone.
But this is not about Mr Bradley. This is about Mr Sainsbury.
Did you see his Close Up item on the issue on Wednesday? His first question of the Hasting Boys High principal was: “Does your school condone drink driving?” Oh, for God’s sake Sainsbury! What an idiotic question, right up there with your past idiocies.
I have the impression that Mr Sainsbury and his producers think he is asking the questions we would like to ask, or at least want answered. Well, here’s the message—we don’t. We are too intelligent. We don’t need stupid questions such as the one above and the clichéd questions that followed it and appear so frequently in Sainsbury interviews. Questions such as: “What kind of message do you think…” and “What do you say to the people….” I am just hanging out for somebody to reply, “Frankly Mark I don’t give a shit…and what did happen to Paul Holmes and Brian Edwards?”
----------------
Now playing: Simon & Garfunkel - We've Got A Groovy Thing Goin'
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...