Friday, April 29, 2011

Whetu: Travelling Easy


HE: Ki ora Bro.
ME: Ki ora Whetu. What’s it this time?
HE: What’s what, Bro?
ME: What do you want this time?
HE: Me?
ME: You.
HE: Want?
ME: Yes.
HE: Want nothin’ Bro.
ME: Nothin’? Nothing?
HE: just comin’ to say good bye or as you PC honkies say Haere ra.
ME: You going somewhere?
HE: Leaving Helensville mate.
ME: Oh?
HE: Move out next week. Moving to Parnell. Choice place. Pool. Backyard for hangi. Take the missus…maybe.
ME: How can you afford that?
HE: The missus?
ME: The place.
HE: Rolling in it mate. Heaps of it.
ME: So the crop came in?
HE: What?
ME: Nothing. Forget it. How did you get all this money?
HE: Gotta job.
ME: You haven’t had a job in years.
HE: Gotta job six months ago. Earning heaps.
ME: What job?
HE: Good job.
ME: I guess it must be. But doing what?
HE: Hone’s travel agent.


----------------
Now playing: Jeff Buckley - Parchman Farm Blues
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...