Friday, July 9, 2010

Bain in the Butt


I don’t know whether it is Robin or David Bain who is guilty. I am tempted to say I don’t care, but I suppose I have to believe it is in everyone’s interest that justice is seen to be done and that whomever is responsible for this crime is brought to that justice…provided they are still alive. However I am on surer ground when I say my lack of an opinion can be fully justified because I wasn’t at any of the trials and I never heard the evidence in full, so any opinion I could have would be pure unsubstantiated speculation.
So, I have no opinion.
But what I do have is repulsion for Joe Karam and David Bain’s self-laudatory “defence team.” Karam and that team remind me of Sea Shepherd—disingenuous, irrevocable and patronising. But what really gets me is the news today that they (the Bain team) is suing Trade Me. Why? Because of messages about Bain posted by the public on Trade Me’s message board.
Now, whilst I acknowledge that I have no opinion on this case I also acknowledge that there are others who have. In my view they are entitled to air those opinions in any forum. That’s democracy. If Karam retains the right to say Bain (David) is innocent why is he of the counter view that someone should not be allowed to have a contrary view? It is after all just a matter of opinion and we are all entitled to exercise ours. Aren’t we?
So, for what it’s worth Joe stick to your case and get off ours.

----------------
Now playing: Various Artists - Bad Company - Bad Company
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...