Friday, October 12, 2018

As Cecil C. Sackrider Sees It: God’s gifts



Last night my wife Bobby-Jo and I were conjoined in contemplative prayer. Prayer is the most precious of God’s gifts and from the time that I was saved and brought into his righteous presence and was anointed thus, He has bestowed upon me his love and the gift of spreading His Word.
And thus, it was that my Bobby-Jo, when contemplation was at its most intense, looked upon me and said:
“Pastor, what is the Word of God?”
I smiled benignly upon her. I thanked God again, as I had many times before, for the blessing he had given me of one so young, so innocent, so searching.
“Oh, you are so young, so innocent, so searching,” I said to her. “The Word of God is a precious gift and you know what is most precious about it?"
“No,” replied Bobby-Jo, in wide-eyed wonder and obvious adoration for everything I said and everything I did to and for her.
“The most precious thing about God’s Word is that it is ever-changing, ever-evolving. He never allows it to stagnate as if in the marshes of the Holly land or the depths of depravity of the Democratic Party. He is forever changing His Word and blessing us with new riches.”
“But Pastor, still I do not understand.”
Again, I smiled benignly.
“What do you not understand, my Precious,” I asked, reflecting as I did that this sweet child was just as precious a gift from God.
“I still do not understand why the Word is so precious. Forgive me.”
“It is precious, my dear, because as I have told you it is ever-changing. The Word of God last week, is not the Word of God this week.”
“But, why…”
“Because our people have already paid in our ministries for last week’s Word, they are yet to hear and pay for—gift—this week’s Word. That is why it is so precious. To us.”
“I see,” she said.
“I know you do,” I said. “Now, come to me and we will again contemplate what God has given us."

For this week’s Word of God, as delivered personally by God to Cecil C. Sackrider (handwriting verified), send a check or money order (minimum US$99.99) to the Cecil C. Sackrider Ministry 1069E West 35 Street Montgomery Alabama United States of America, Zip Code 666.  Checks should be made out to CASH (Congregation Against Satan’s Handiwork). All donations over US$50,000 go into the draw to win a three-day family pass to the Cecil C. Sackrider Theme Park. Offer available only to American Christians and Republicans.

-->

No comments:

The Long Walk Back

  Someone, it may have been Will Rogers, once said of California that it was as if the United States had tilted, and all the country’s nuts ...