Friday, June 4, 2010

Condom in Court

A sexual abuse trial was aborted after a juror revealed he became aroused while listening to evidence from the alleged victims.
NZ Herald: 3 June 2010.


This is the case of sexual abuse of two young females, heard in Auckland. The elderly juror confided to another juror that he was being aroused but was “controlling it” by wearing a condom in court. I sincerely hope he was wearing something else as well.
Lawyers say the episode was unusual but not unknown and this was yet another reason to have sexual abuse cases heard by judges only. Well, I am incredibly relieved to learn that judges cannot get sexually aroused. I am not sure why I am relieved but it is oddly comforting that our judiciary is not prone to precipitate or even sluggish ejaculation. Clearly, they have it in hand. Or not.

----------------
Now playing: Ry Cooder - Great Dream from Heaven
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...