Friday, May 14, 2010

NZRU apologises to Maori players
14/05/2010 6:08:02

Maori players receive apology from NZRU and SARU for being excluded from tours to South Africa during the apartheid era...



The knock on the door was not unexpected…
ME: Hello Whetu.
HE: Kia ora bro.
HE: Youse fellas enjoying Helensville?
ME: Very much so. Nice town.
HE: Wes fellas own some of it, you know.
ME: Wes…we know. Is that it? Is this a shakedown on the house?
HE: Hey bro…you think I would do that to you. You like a cuzzie to me. You whanau. We known each other since we were tamariki.
ME: What is it then?
HE: I want an apology.
ME: An apology?
HE: Yep.
ME: What for?
HE: For stopping me getting in the 1962 Under 12 Canterbury Rugby League team.
ME: I did?
HE: Youse did.
ME: How did I do that?
HE: Your dad was the selector and he didn’t pick me.
ME: And that is my fault how?
HE: The sims of the father.
ME: Sins.
HE: What?
ME: Sins of the father.
HE: Whatever. Anyway, I want an apology.
ME: I apologise.
HE: You do?
ME: I do. That it?
HE: Ah…nope.
ME: What then?
HE: I want some food as well.
ME: What kind of food?
HE: You.
ME: Me? You want to eat me?
HE: It’s a joke bro.
ME: A joke?
HE: Jeeze, you white fellas can’t take a joke, can you?


----------------
Now playing: Marianne Faithfull - Times Square [Live]
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: The Band - Rags & Bones
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Fryday versus AI

I have decided to restart Fryday.   I’m doing it, in part, because yesterday I promised a very important man in my life that I would and, be...